What Assisted Living Is to Us
“Just what is assisted living, exactly?”
Here at Carillon, we get asked that question pretty frequently. And for good reason. In the world of senior living, assisted living begs for definition, in comparison to independent living or skilled nursing care – both of which are fairly self-explantory.
The answer to what assisted living is can vary quite a bit, depending on the provider. More to the point, a licensed assisted living community can be vastly different from an unlicensed facility. And even between licensed assisted living communities, there can be variations in the way care and services are delivered.
We’ll let other providers answer the question for themselves.
Here is what assisted living means — exactly — to Carillon:
1. A life defined by possibilities, rather than obstacles.
2. Senior care that lives up our own high standards, and has earned the state of North Carolina’s seal of approval, as well.
3. Care that is tailored to the needs of the individual.
4. A helping hand with everyday tasks; help that keeps you connected to the life you desire and the family you love.
5. Prompt and proper medication dispensal.
6. Delicious meals served semi-formally, amongst friends in a gracious, southern-style dining room three times daily.
7. Trusted friends and caretakers that know you, see you, and partner with you to live happily, healthfully, and joyfully.
8. Communities that are vibrant, engaging and homey. Stylish yet comfortable. Gracious and unpretentious. Carolina charm through and through, from southern porches (covered, screened, trellis – we’ve got them all!) to sun rooms and year-round flower gardens.
9. A home of your own that is whatever you wish to make of it. A place to entertain friends, host family dinners, participate in social events and excursions, steal some private time, learn a new hobby or indulge in favorite pastimes.
10. The promise of uncompromising care for you, and peace of mind for your family.
At Carillon, we take our commitment to you and your family very seriously. We endeavor daily to live up to that promise. And should we get it wrong, you can rest assured that we’ll work hard to make it right. We love what we do, and it shows.
That’s what assisted living means to us.
on July 7, 2013